What Is A Lactation Consultant or Certified Lactation Counselor?
The Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC®) certification identifies a professional in lactation counseling who has demonstrated the necessary skills, knowledge, and abilities to provide breastfeeding counseling and management support to families who are thinking about breastfeeding or who have questions or problems during the course of breastfeeding/lactation.
Who Is A Lactation Consultation Ideal For?
A Certified Lactation Consultant is a comforting resource to breastfeeding families, reassuring moms when breastfeeding and lactation are going well, and by providing information and support to help prevent and manage common concerns.
CLCs can help moms with:
- Prenatal counseling about things that may affect breastfeeding and lactation.
- Basic positioning of mom and baby while breastfeeding and latch of the infant.
- Information about practices that promote successful breastfeeding and lactation.
- Preventing and managing poor latch, inadequate milk transfer or supply, nipple or breast pain, and calming a fussy baby.
- Milk expression and storage for parents who must be separated from their babies for work or other activities.
- Strategies for breastfeeding and lactation after returning to work.
- Breastfeeding and lactation in challenging situations such as in public, at family members’ homes, feeding twins or triplets, a premature or sick infant, or infants in special medical situations.
Find Your Balance. Set Your Goals. Reward Yourself And Baby.
About Children's International Medical Group
We are more than just a pediatric medical group. We are a family oriented company committed to providing our patients and parents with the best pediatric care available and that includes offering a Lactation Consultant. At Children’s International Medical Group, we have both the children’s and their parent’s best interests at heart and make sure our offices provide relaxing atmospheres along with state-of-the-art equipment. We strive to promote physical and emotional well-being through comprehensive and personalized medical care and maintain an active role in each of the communities we serve. We are committed to making a difference in your child’s life by offering exceptional patient care in a nurturing and professional environment to our patients, parents, and the communities we serve.